Monday 11 November 2013

Digipak - Right Panel New

For the Right Panel I chose to put a photo of our artist 'Kirstie Mayweather' because this album is all about her and so I wanted more panels of her in different outfits rather than having the same outfit throughout the digipak. The reason for this is because in the inside panels it can show the artist in a different way such as in the panel she is represented as classy with the black and white effect and into her music with the piano and head gear. Also, because we wanted to represent our artist as 'classy' and 'sophisticated' I assumed this photo of her working in the studio would be good to use because in this photo she is in wearing casual clothes doing her job instead of what some of the other other photos showed which was being all dressed up and giving her audience a pose.


Right Panel Draft 1:

The first draft is the actual photo taken with no effect and this image had to be re-sized a little as it's a bit too wide for the square size panel.

Right Panel Draft 2:

For the second draft, the image has been resized to a square and I made the photo black and white because from my digipak research, 1 digipak had the black and white effect which looked effecting so I wanted to develop this convention by putting one image in the digipak black and white. The reason why I chose the image of her in the studio working instead of the, for example, the front cover was because this image proved to be most effective in black and white and because the main colours of the digipak was black, red and white, I knew it link in well with the rest of the digipak which benefited me as it was good and effective choice.

Right Panel Final (Draft 3):

In the final draft, I added another effect which was circle affect on all the edges. The effect makes the image focus more on the artist and the mise en scene because of the way it only allows the audience to see them only as the edges are blacked out. I used this effect because it adds a nice feature towards the digipak but also the image itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment