Tuesday 5 November 2013

Digipak - Front Cover

For the front cover I chose a picture of the artist looking away from the camera because from my research the conventions I saw from real artists were that they were looking away from the camera and doing so in a pose. I thought I should take this into consideration whilst taking picture of our artist and so I asked her to look at the scenery while I take picture for her. I also wanted something in the background of the picture and I wanted to get the Thames and the bridge in the background because it sets a good scenery and shows London which is useful because she is a London based Pop artist.

Front Cover Draft 1:

In the first draft the effects I used was mainly the 'blur' effect. I wanted to make the artist stand out in the frame so I blurred out the background in order to get all attention on the artist which shows to be very effective because of the fact it makes the artist look bold. Another reason why I chose to blur the background was because from one of my artists in my digipak research the background was blurred out which was called 'RED' by Taylor Swift and I though I should use this but also develop it by making more of the frame blurred to get all the attention on the artist. Her posture and body language shows that that she is focused and in her own world, this is also shown by the way she is looking away at the camera. Also as you can see the camera shot used was an extreme mid shot and the reason being is because from my digipak research all the shots used were extreme mid shots or a close up. I used the common convention and went for a extreme mid shot which fits perfectly is the angle of the shot and on the frame.


Front Cover Draft 2:

In the second draft I added our artist's name which was 'Kirstie Mayweather' and I used a font which I installed from the internet called 'Dolce Vita'. The reason I chose this front was because it suits our image of the artist such as the writing of the name looks simple but also has a mix to it in the way that some of the letters has diagonal line on it instead of a simple straight line. I also thought the way it looked with her name written it almost looked perfect in the way it fitted in so well. I used the colour red because from my research the colour of the fonts used were either red or pink. I tried pink but it didn't fit in with the image well so I changed it to red and it looked much better with the background image and because it's clear to see and read which is also another reason why I used the font. 

Front Cover Final (Draft 3):

The last draft and the final cover I added The album name which is called 'Timeless Moments'. I used the same font as the artist name because from digipak research 2 out of the 3 covers used the same font as for both artists and album name so I used the common convention and it proved to look good as it fits in well. I also a different colour from the artist name which was white because again from research 1 digipak had done this so I thought I should use and develop it by making the colours fit in with the colour of the artists costume and the background so it looks and feels we presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment