Friday 8 November 2013

Digipak - Left Panel New

For the Left Panel I chose to put a photo of our artist 'Kirstie Mayweather' because this album is all about her and so I wanted more panels of her in different outfits rather than having the same outfit throughout the digipak. The reason for this is because in the inside panels it can show the artist in a different way such as in the panel she is represented as classy and smart. Also, because we wanted to represent our artist as 'classy' and 'sophisticated' I assumed this photo of her would be good to use because in this photo our artist is all dressed up and giving her audience a pose. From my research of digipaks of pop artists, the common convention is that they are wearing a black dress/outfit in the front and back cover but I developed this by putting images of her in a black dress/outfit in the inside panels because I wanted to show to her audience the many different sides she has. Furthermore, the reason this image isn't the front cover or the back cover is because the two chosen images for them link so well in where the location of each images are taken, this image would not go well with either image as from my digipak research the convention was that the front and back cover where in the same location and the artist was in the same outfit.

Left Panel Draft 1:

The first draft is the actual photo taken and I had to decide how I was going to place her on a square sized panel by either using the 'Crop' tool or by re-sizing it for it to fit the panel because of the fact the image is a portrait orientated image.

Left Panel Draft 2:

For the second draft, I used the 'Crop' tool by taking away the bottom part of the photo. I then placed the photo on the left side of the panel because of the her positioning/pose in the photo and the way she's looking more towards the right, made it easier for me to decide to frame her on the left side. Placing her on the left side looked better than placing her on the right side due to her body position.

Left Panel Final (Draft 3):

For the final draft I changed the way I placed the photo of the artist because I didn't fill the whole Panel and I tried to extend the background but because of the patten on the wall behind it was very difficult which meant that I had to re-size the photo by making it bigger in order to fill the frame. What I also did was position her more towards the left as I discovered before, it looks better on that side and because of the way the digipak will open as this is the left panel it would fit it in well with the rest of the digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment