Wednesday 13 November 2013

Digipak - Spine

For the Spine I wanted to keep it simple and make it fit in well with the rest of the digipak by using colours that have been used throughout the digipak.

Spine Draft 1:









For the first draft I made the base colour black because if I wanted the spine to fit right in with the rest of the digipak then I had put the best base colour that can go well with the other colours used throughout the digipak. These colours being red and white.


Spine Draft 2:

For the second draft I added the artist's name and the album name which was 'Kirstie Mayweather' and 'Timeless Moments'. I used the same font as the front and back cover for both names and I used the same colour that each name had on the front cover. So for 'Kirstie Mayweather' I used the colour red which proved to be a good choice because it shows the difference in the spine and the colour red separates the name in the colour white. The album name is in the colour white which again is used in the front cover and again it helps separate the names from each other. Also, with the black base you can see each name clearly. Furthermore, I wrote the names going down the spine instead of making it in side ways because from my research the artists wrote both names sideways but I challenged this convention because I believe for my digipak both names look better going down and it also looks more clearer to read and easier to read as you don't have to have turn the digipak flat in order to read both names.
Spine Final (Draft 3):






For the last draft and final spine I added the record label's logo because from my research I noticed that the convention used was to put the artist's record label on the spine so I used this convention and put my artist's record label on the spine because it does give it a more professional look and I felt like I was giving the spine its finishing touch by adding the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment